- Disaster services when needed
- Covid-19 Pandemic Financial Assistance
- Self Sufficiency Program
- Adoption and Pregnancy Counseling
- Food Assistance and Feed- A-Family Rural Mobile Outreaches
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Florida Gateway Food Bank
- Thanksgiving Baskets
- Christmas Angel Tree
- Case Management
- Food Bank & Pantry serving 5 rural counties
Adoption and Pregnancy Counseling
As a licensed child placing agency, Catholic Charities Bureau, Inc., Diocese of St. Augustine has been a leader in the adoption field since the first Florida office opened in Jacksonville in 1943.
The Adoption and Pregnancy Counseling Program provides services and advocacy for women with unplanned pregnancies. In accordance with the church's teaching to respect life, our services are designed to help preserve and protect the life of the child, to provide care and nurturing for women and their children, and to assist in the building up of families through adoption.
The services of this program are:
- Life-affirming pregnancy counseling to clients that may include education and referrals.
- Adoption services to pregnant women and adoptive families with the focus on securing the best parenting plan for the child.
- Post-legal adoption services including lifetime counseling to birth mother as needed and search assistance as requested by any member of the adoption triad.
- Home Studies to couples that are seeking adoption with other adoption agencies and attorneys are needed.
- Foster care services to infants awaiting placement.
- Adoption education to the community.
Please visit the Adoptions website or call (866) 901-9647 for more information.
Feed-A-Family Mobile Outreach Program
We serve 5 counties in Florida, none of these areas have Public Transportation. We take our refrigerated truck to rural areas where people have no ability to get to our Food Pantry. We provide canned food, fresh produce, dairy, meats, bread, and pastries to those in need.
Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing
Catholic Charities is committed to providing the basic needs necessary to prevent homelessness. A crisis situation can threaten families already living from paycheck to paycheck when an unexpected illness, loss of employment or other family crisis impacts finances already stretched too far. Our Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Programs are open to families with children, households that are homeless, clients referred from other agencies that have worked with the family/individual, households or individuals who have experienced domestic violence in the past 30 days and families with children that are secondary tenants.
Services available include:
- Rent and mortgage assistance
- Utility payments
- Rent and utility payments
Columbia County Tough Enough to Wear Pink
We provide screening and case management for individuals whom are affected with cancer related illness. The individual may need prescription assistance, or a co-pay for a medical procedure.
DONATE AND VOLUNTEER
You are important! Make a difference today.
We would LOVE to have you join our team of dedicated volunteers!